I talked about what made me happy about 2010 last time around. A few items I missed:
- Front steps
- Taking the bus.
- Buying polka dotted shoes.
- Finding the perfect mascara.
- Learning to say no a bit more.
And as for looking forward to 2011, I have a bunch of things I’d like to accomplish. I hate calling them resolutions. I feel like resolutions are destined to fail. And I don’t want to fail at these things. There are some general goals. In general, I’d like to keep going on the path I started in 2010. I’d like to keep being open to letting people in and working on being a more positive person. In general, I’d like to focus on my creativity again. In general, I’d like to keep perfecting my personal style.
And as for specifics? Here goes:
- Complete the 200 hour yoga teacher training course I registered for back in September.
- Travel somewhere I’ve never been.
- Find the perfect eye cream.
- Sew the three dress patterns I have on my desk.
- Read every single unread book on my bookshelf. Including that one where I absolutely loathed the first twenty pages.
- Write the story that’s been in my head for the past two months on to paper.
- Buy curtains for my house.
- Put things up on my kitchen walls.
- Cook dinner twice a week.
- Finally throw myself that housewarming I’ve been meaning to throw since September.
- Run again. No distance or time. Just again.
- Knit myself something pretty.
Oh, and 12. Get over this damn cold.
Nothing monumental. They’re fairly little goals. Just things I want to do. And or do more of. But things that sometimes need to be written down so you don’t forget.