i like music. a lot. i like seeing live music. a lot. if i can see a band for 20 dollars and under, i’ll usually try my best to make it happen. this is great for me since i listen to a lot of “less popular” artists. this is also sometimes known as “indie” or “alternative” or “whatever label we feel like attaching this morning.”
but there are a few people i will pay above the $20. a precious few.
- bruce springsteen. he is actually in the “i don’t care what the damn price is, i’m fucking going” category.
- foo fighters. i have dave grohl love in the worst way. but i’d probably care a little bit about the price here.
- ray davies. i had the pleasure of catching a show of his a couple years ago. one of the best i’ve attended in recent years. also would not care about the price. i’d go.
- todd snider. the highest i’ve paid for him has been $30. would go higher. worth all of it.
- ani difranco. this would be purely for the associated nostalgia.
and honestly, that’s it. and really, the only priority here is bruce. i’ve never seen him live. i’ve been a ridiculous fan since i was about 10 or younger. it’s time.