- when someone tells me this is going to be young and hip – they are lying.
- james franco will ALWAYS be daniel desario.
- anne hathaway still annoys me for unknown reasons. and she will always be the princess of genobia.
- i don’t mind christian bale with a weird beard.
- amy adams is not veronica lake.
- justin timberlake is funnier when he doesn’t use pre-written jokes.
- i’m okay with the king’s speech winning.
- jeff bridges should just get awards for being awesome.
- sandra bullock was more entertaining in her two minutes than the rest of the five million hours the damn show took.
- repeat #9 but insert robert downey jr. and jude law.
- the oscars made me temporarily forget that i usually find jude law annoying.
- trent reznor will go EGOT before gwyneth paltrow.
- even halle berry can’t make attacking your dress with a glue gun and excess tulle appealling.
- michelle williams can rock the pixie like no one else. but remember that amazing dress she wore the first time she was nominated. i miss that.
- nicole kidman should never go botox or blonde again.
- kirk douglas is kinda adorable.
- matthew mcconaughay is basically too tan.
- in all seriousness, there are some movies i need to get a-watching.
STOP. HAMMA TIME.
my love for the Hamm knows no bounds.
also Ben Affleck’s contemplation face is rather wonderful.
Ke$ha’s real voice.
SHE HAS AN AMAZING VOICE!!!! WHY DOESN’T SHE USE IT???
Because she won’t make it in the Music business. You have to dress a certain way, have catchy club music, sing a certain way and act a certain way. Do you know how many singers can sing songs like this? They aren’t famous because the radio won’t play beautiful songs like this.
This is why I love the Internet: it takes something that you greatly dislike, and makes you kinda love it.
i’m angry right now. also sad. also a little pissed. and stuck.
i’m angry because my dad is depressed. people seem to acknowledge it but no one offers useful suggestions to him. no one, aside from me, will say “you are depressed.” nope. nada. what they will say is “you should go away.” “come to vermont with us next week.” “come over for dinner.” “go to a movie.”
i’m sad because my dad is depressed and he won’t do the things he needs to do. like tell the doctor he is depressed. or accept that perhaps he needs some drugs. or a therapy. and he is so down. he looked very small when i saw him tonight.
i’m pissed because when my dad is in such a funk he can be mean. and say things that are rude. like “your hair looks like a witch.” (friends, if i am ever looking a little “bellatrix lestrange” and not in a good way – PLEASE TELL ME.)
and i’m stuck because i can’t let any of this go. i’m perseverating. i’m wallowing. i’m annoyed. i’m letting the stupid bullshit my dad has been saying since i was in high school get to me.
i finished another yoga weekend. i read a portion of the yoga sutras and the part that most stuck with me is this idea of analyzing and understanding our internal thought processes. initially this terrified me. i mean, me – the over thinker – needs to analyze and understand my thinking. this is a recipe for full blown disaster. but after talking about that and taking my teacher’s thoughts into account, i realize it’s less about thinking and over thinking and more about figuring out the motivation. what’s causing me to react/overthink/act?
and that applies tonight.
why is this getting to me?
rinse and repeat.
so the goal, the mission in this life. to not let these emotions drive me the way they so often do.
yeah, that should be easy. easy peasy lemon squeezy.
for now, i’ll just finish this vodka tonic and watch friday night lights.
there’s been snow. a lot of it.
i’d post pictures, but i don’t really want to. i’d rather not look at it anymore.
i’m done. i don’t want anymore to fall. snow and i need to take a break.
don’t get me wrong. there’s a part of me that stares outside in absolute wonder. i can not believe this winter is happening. it’s kind of awe inspiring to stand by a snow bank that is nearly as tall as me.
that first snow day made me ridiculously happy. remember how i wrote about the indulgent awesomeness of a snow day? yeah, that was amazing. it was a lot like a really, really great start to a relationship. i was kind of giddy. i baked bread. i couldn’t wait to go play outside and throw the snow around.
and it was still awesome a couple days later.
and even that tiny ice storm a week later was okay.
and the couple inches a day later was kinda cute.
but, then it feels like i haven’t been able to get out of my house ever.
and then it takes the contractors who have to fix my bathroom ceiling longer to get out here.
and then my dining room leaks a teeny bit.
and then i get stupidly far behind at work.
and then i have a panic attack while driving.
and then my floor is covered permanently in sand and salt.
and then my feet are constantly cold and wet.
and then i want to cry.
and i start to think that maybe it’s just not working out anymore. maybe snow and i are just not working out.
maybe it’s time for snow and i to take a break. a time out.
it’s not me. it’s totally the snow’s fault.
but until that can happen, i am going to order the new coat that i’ve been wanting for a couple years. maybe this will be what breaks the snow’s back.